Through in-depth operational and variance analysis, this position will support manufacturing leadership in gaining a greater understanding of their costs and performance. Support the current and long-range planning and budgeting process. Assist with monthly close tasks to accurately reflect business performance.
Essential Position Duties:
- Prepare gross margin analysis; analyze trends in revenue, expense, capital expenditures and projected returns.
- Assist with preparation of annual operating and capital budgeting process, the long-term planning process and on-going forecast development.
- Design and maintain budgeting and forecasting spreadsheets and other tools.
- Understand all aspects of HMH plant cost accounting and review on a periodic basis.
- Understand all components of HMH inventory valuation and COGS calculations.
- Participate in diverse analysis and project work supporting the organization including operations, costing, pricing, and business development.
- Assist with timely financial reporting close.
- Assist with quarterly and annual external audit.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Be available in the workplace via regular attendance.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Cost Accounting
- Financial Close & Reporting
- Special Projects
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to lead and influence others.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ethical behavior, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles, corporate policies and internal controls.
- Excellent regulatory reporting and technical accounting knowledge (GAAP & IFRS).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in an ERP environment or fully integrated system.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Education & Experience:
- 3 years of progressive experience in accounting, reporting and/or financial planning & analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA and/or MBA a plus.
Affirmative Action Responsibility:
It is the Company’s policy to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Each member of management is responsible for the continuance of this policy and to ensure that every employee practices consistent application of this policy.
About Hoist Material Handling, Inc.
Let us take your career to new heights. Hoist Material Handling, Inc. (HMH) is a Toyota Industries Company. HMH provides employees with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact through innovation and creativity in an unmatched culture and working environment. Through our employees and products, HMH is part of the Toyota Material Handling team that helps move the world.