Our sister company is in need of an experienced sales professional to continue growth in the Colorado construction equipment market.
This position manages the accounting function to ensure reporting integrity is in accordance with GAAP/IFRS. Manages monthly close process to ensure all transactions are properly recorded, all accounts and sub-ledgers are reconciled. This position will be responsible for cost accounting and monthly financial statement preparation. The Accounting Manger will lead the current and long-range planning and budgeting process.
Essential Position Duties:
- Ensure financials are completed in accordance with GAAP/IFRS.
- Collect and study data to determine costs of manufacturing activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor; analyze bill of material, routings, and manufacturing variances.
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory; investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Asset management to ensure assets are properly recorded and depreciated.
- Monitor purchasing activities to ensure compliance with corporate procedures and policies.
- Perform profit center, cost center and profitability analysis to ensure accuracy of data.
- Analyze trends in revenue, expense, capital expenditures and projected returns.
- Constant interaction with executive and operations staff on key performance metrics and resulting impact on company financials.
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgeting process, the long-term planning process and on-going forecast development.
- Review and/or perform monthly reconciliation of all general ledger accounts and journal entries to ensure that month end transactions and accruals are recorded in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Support quarterly and annual external audit; continuously work to strengthen internal controls.
- Train, develop and motivate staff; interaction within and outside department.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Be available in the workplace via regular attendance.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Financial Close and Reporting
- Cost Accounting
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- External Audit Coordination
- Special Projects
Managerial/ Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Staff Accountant or Financial Analyst
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to lead and influence others.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ethical behavior, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles, corporate policies and internal controls.
- Excellent regulatory reporting and technical accounting knowledge (GAAP & IFRS).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in an ERP environment or fully integrated system.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Education & Experience:
- 7 years of progressive experience in accounting, reporting and financial planning & analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
Affirmative Action Responsibility:
It is the Company’s policy to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Each member of management is responsible for the continuance of this policy and to ensure that every employee practices consistent application of this policy.