This position works closely with the purchasing team, and supports procurement operations, the plant leadership team, and executive leadership to provide support, and reports to the Supply Chain Manager on sourcing initiatives; provides procurement support and coverage on national, regional, and local spend categories, ensuring competitive cost sourcing of quality goods and services; ensures the most efficient and accurate processing and documentation of transactions, with the overall goal of minimizing the total cost of transactions without impacting service levels.
This position works closely with the purchasing team, and supports procurement operations, the plant leadership team, and executive leadership to provide support, and reports to the Supply Chain Manager on sourcing initiatives; provides procurement support and coverage on national, regional, and local spend categories, ensuring competitive cost sourcing of quality goods and services; ensures the most efficient and accurate processing and documentation of transactions, with the overall goal of minimizing the total cost of transactions without impacting service levels. This position is based in East Chicago, Indiana.
Integrity. Accountability. Customer Focused. Problem Solving. Leadership skills. Judgement. Organizational skills.
Essential Position Duties:
• Supporting the Truck, and After-Market initiatives by facilitating bids, forecasting, analyzing and negotiating for goods and services within assigned commodities.
• Accurate and timely processing of all purchase orders according to Hoist Material Handling’s standard process.
• Manage the day-to-day business relationship with key suppliers and partner vendors through supporting activities including ordering, communication of demand, volume, delivery time, changes, issue resolution, sharing of end-user feedback, follow up on backorders, etc.
• Develop a strong understanding and knowledge of suppliers and capabilities.
• Assist with contract development and execution.
• Manage continuous improvement within supplier relationships to ensure continuity of good and services that meet the quality, service and price performance standards of the company.
• Manage continuous improvement and re-sourcing activities within your assigned commodities.
• Drive implementation of global/regional/local agreements.
• Working with leadership teams to implement and enforcing polices that increase spend visibility and compliance.
• Helps develop and implement standards.
• Works with other members of the Operations Leadership team to develop and implement purchasing initiatives that reduce transaction cost and consolidate volume.
• Serve as an escalation point to resolve problems within the purchasing process.
• Contribute to the cost savings goals through process efficiency.
• Work with Management to report and monitor process compliance.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies to realize procurement goals and objectives.
• Other duties as assigned.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
• BA/BS in Supply Chain Management/Purchasing/Business/Engineering or related field required.
• Minimum of 2 – 5 years Purchasing and Materials Management experience.
• Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of purchasing and a basic understanding of the materials and supply chain management functions.
• Ability to manage entire order to payment process.
• Strong interpersonal skills - ability to forge internal customer and external supplier relationships.
• Advanced math and computer skills are necessary. Knowledge of the inventory database used is desired, but may be learned on the job.
• Ability to comply with existing processes while quickly adapt to new processes within the organization.
• Must be able to work in a mentally and physically demanding role.
• Ability to multi-task, detail oriented with strong Project Management skills.
• Strong follow-up and time management skills.
• Understand and practices GMP’s and safety procedures.
• Service and results Oriented.
Education & Experience:
• Education: level 6 Bachelor’s degree (S.A.) from four-year college or university with two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Language Skills: level 4 Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to
write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
• Math Skill: level 3 Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Reasoning Ability: level 5: Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Computer Skills: level 4: Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
• Planning/Organization: level 3: Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Affirmative Action Responsibility:
It is the Company’s policy to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Each member of management is responsible for the continuance of this policy and to ensure that every employee practices consistent application of this policy