Forklift Exchange is in need of a sales manager to sell and lease new and used equipment.
Forklift Exchange is a forklift wholesaler, based out of the Chicagoland area for the last 35 years, with sister companies and dealerships in Denver, Co; Phoenix, AZ; Fort Myers, FL and East Chicago, IN. Forklift Exchange has the relationships, reach and support to do business nationwide as we take in and sell to local markets in need of new and used material handling equipment.
The candidate will be responsible for the sales and marketing of, rental or leasing of all new and used equipment, parts and service and secure warranty. The candidate will meet customer’s needs and grow market share while maintaining acceptable levels of gross profit and attaining sales unit targets. The candidate will be based out of our downtown Chicago office in the River North area. With close proximity to highways, train stations and local bus lines, our office is easily accessible from any part of the city or suburbs.
- Maintain relationships with current customers
- Seek out new prospects and customers
- Work with customers and potential customers to fully understand their needs, concerns and deliver on their expectations by gathering the appropriate information
- Quote and negotiate prices, prepare contracts, as well as record and close orders
- Maintain company reporting requirements with customer interaction, including accurate and up-to-date call logs and prospect lists
- Increase revenue while maintaining acceptable levels of gross profit
- Provide competitive information such as bid situations, pricing data or bundling arrangements to establish negotiated pricing contracts
- Some travel may be necessary
- Bachelors Degree required, however no prior experience needed with heavy equipment
- Previous sales experience is preferred
- Fluency in English required (An additional fluency in Spanish would be beneficial, but not necessary)
- Well organized and can multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with an ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record