In order for ports and terminals to operate smoothly, containers need to be transported quickly and safely. The ECH Series empty container handlers is engineered for fast lifting cycles, reliable operation and efficient serviceability.
The ECH Series features excellent all-around visibility with an elevated cab position, angled overhead window and wide-view mast. The unique mast design provides improved durability and reduced torsional stress, and includes side spreaders for twist-lock (single-stack) or hook (double-stack) container handling.
While focusing on robustness and comfort, we also understand that time is money. That’s why each ECH Series is engineered to provide optimal operating and fuel efficiency. The high-performance Cummins diesel engine are powerful, yet offer reduced fuel consumption and emissions. Features such as variable pumps adjust oil flow accordingly to provide quicker lifting cycles while also reducing fuel consumption.
As with all Hoist Material Handling equipment, the ECH Series is forged in the USA. More than 75% of each truck is manufactured at our Midwest factory with the remaining components sourced from reputable companies, such as Dana, Cummins and Parker.
- Stacking height up to 8 1 containers
- 20-, 40- or 53-foot containers
- 8’6 and 9’6 containers
- Single-stacking (twist-lock) or double-stacking (hook)
- Up to 22,000 lbs. (10 tonne) capacity
For maximum performance an operator must have all the essential tools around them. The ECH Series is designed with advanced ergonomics and safety features for maximum comfort and protection.
- Meets ANSI B56.1 FOPS operator protection
- Low, non-skid steps & handrails provide 3-point contact
- Elevated cab position provides superior all-around visibility
- Angled overhead window provides excellent upward visibility
- Tinted glass to protect against glare; sliding side windows; front/rear/overhead wipers.
- Dashless cab design for additional leg room and improved visibility
- Intuitive multi-function single joystick control for ease of use
- Master digital display unit provides onboard diagnostics, vehicle functions and more
- Tilt-steering column with directional/gear-shift lever
- Emergency stop button
- Adjustable air-ride seat and retractable seat belts
- Isolated rubber mounts between cab and chassis
- Insulated floor, cab walls and doors
- Lockable doors and greaseable hinges
- Cab heater and operator fan
- Interlock safety system ensures proper locking sequence and overload warning system
- Hydraulically tilted cab for stacking in high positions
- Air conditioner
- Cold-weather packages
- Battery-disconnect switch
- External cab air filtration system
- Fire suppression systems; fire extinguishers
- Forward or mid-mount cab position*
- Hydraulic weight scale
- Impact sensor
- Overload protection indicator with lift interrupt
- Pedestrian detection system
- Pre-cleaner intake filter
- Removable counterweight
- Lighting: step lights; additional work lights
- Tires: air-filled, foam-filled or solid
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Whole-truck camera/monitoring packages
The ECH Series has a unique mast design that provides excellent visibility and durability, allowing quick and safe empty container handling, as well as decreased maintenance costs.
- Rigid inner mast and telescoping outer for reduced torsional stresses, and increased durability and visibility
- Wide-view mast with nested cylinders and chains for increased visibility
- Main mast rollers utilize Timken tapered roller bearings
- High-load, high wear-resistant composite plastic side thrust bearings for improved performance and life
- NitroSteel© cylinder rods have superior corrosion resistance, improved lubrication retention and wear resistance compared to chrome rods
- Optional hydraulic slope piler ( /-6° from horizontal) provides safe and control handling of containers on trailers and uneven surfaces.
The ECH Series comes standard with a side-post attachment that extends/retracts to handle 20- and 40-foot empty containers. The attachment can also be quickly adjusted to handle 53-foot containers. Double stacking of containers with the optional hook attachment is an important step in the evolution of increasing productivity in the empty container handler industry.
- Industry-first automatic locking steer axle for increased stability at elevated load heights
- Standard side-post attachment with two (2) ISO rear automatic locking vertical twist-locks
- Vertical floating end beam heads and floating twist-locks; integral carriage with /-20” sideshift
- Automatically or manually extends/retracts to standard 20- and 40-foot pick points for handling containers up to 53 feet
- Twist-lock engagement indicator lights on carriage and inside operator’s cab
- Interlock safety system insures proper locking sequence; overload warning system
- Interrupt system prevents mast lowering when the spreader is landed on a container, eliminating slacking of hoses, cables and chains, as well as decreased shock on spreader
- Lift interrupt system disables lift mode when twist-locks are not properly locked/unlocked
- Plastic composite slides improve reliability and reduce maintenance requirements
- Exposed spreader cylinders provide excellent serviceability; remote hydraulic valve eliminates additional hoses and wiring to mast
- Halogen lights: forward and rear work lights; lights on spreader to illuminate engagement heads; stop/tail/turn indicators; stairway safety lighting
Optional hook/twin-pick attachment
- Telescopic side lift spreader features a low profile frame for increased visibility at greater stack heights
- Allows operator to pick up two containers off the ground and stack them up to 9 high with 2 on 7, allowing you to stack higher, meaning more open space
- Horizontal lifting hooks engage side apertures on top corner castings of the lower container while hydraulically powered side clamps secure the corner castings of both containers
- Features hydraulic sideshift, interlock safety system with LED indicator lights, and both manual and automatic mode for extend/retract function
A BIG TRUCK needs robust and reliable power in order to operate effectively and safely. The ECH Series is powered by a high-performance Cummins diesel engine, three-speed powershift Dana transmission and load sensing hydraulic system, which offer not only power, but also increased productivity and fuel efficiency.
- Cummins 6.7 liter, 215 HP turbocharged diesel; Tier III-compliant
- Charge air cooler with side-by-side integral radiator and transmission oil cooler for maximum heat dissipation, air flow and serviceability.
- Two-stage heavy duty air cleaner with electronic filter restriction indicator and high air intake providing maximum efficiency
- 12-volt electrical system with 12-volt starter motor and alternator for dependable starting and operation
- Two (2) 12-volt industrial batteries in parallel rated for 925CCA each for reliable starting in all conditions
- 95-amp alternator with built-in regulator.
- Bolt-on high capacity fuel tank for increased run times and ease of maintenance: 150 gallons (568 liters)
- Dana 32,000 powershift transmission with three forward/reverse speeds
- Electronic Declutch system for precise movement at higher RPMs
- 12-plate modulation for smooth shifting and protection against directional change shock loads; gears are constant mesh during shifting
- Dedicated transmission oil cooler
- Electronic joystick control allows smooth, comfortable, controlled operation of all functions
- Load-sense “on demand” steer pump increases vehicle efficiency; 27% more fuel efficient than individual gear pumps
- High capacity return filter with electronic restriction indicator for maximum efficiency
- Dedicated External hydraulic oil cooler for reliable performance
- Bolt-on high capacity hydraulic tank provides additional cooling capabilities and ease of maintenance: 160 gallons (606 liters)
- CANBus control simplifies wiring; provides diagnostic capabilities
- Accumulator in lift circuit protects against shock loads
Hoist Material Handling’s line of BIG TRUCKS starts with a strong foundation. The modular design of the ECH Series provides excellent serviceability without sacrificing strength or durability. The ECH Series has been designed and tested to meet or exceed current, worldwide regulations for stability, sound levels and safety.
Anchoring the ECH Series is the 100%-welded steel chassis, which boasts heavy steel cross supports to distributing weight evenly throughout the truck. Bolt-on components, such as fuel and hydraulic tanks, provide additional durability and optimal heat dissipation, as well as easy removal and attachment for repairs or shipping. Integrated lifting points also allow for safe handling and transport.
AxleTech Drive Axle
- Planetary drive axle rated for durability in high-capacity, off-road applications
- Force-cooled outboard wet disc actuated brakes reduces premature wear, extending life of brakes
- Brakes can be serviced through the wheel ends without removing entire drive axle
- Drive axle is bolted and dowel-pinned in the chassis
Industrial Steer Axle
- Lockable steer axle for increased stability at elevated load heights
- Thick top plate on welded beam steer axle provides added strength and durability
- Dual-action bolt on cylinder is protected by heavy steel support beams and provides effortless power steering
- Lower maintenance costs due to minimal amount of moving parts
- Easy-access lubrication points
- Sealed tapered roller bearings
- High-impact greaseable composite trunnions
- Two-part rust-inhibiting polyurethane base coat and two-part polyurethane top coat for corrosion protection
- Majority of components are powder-coated, which is up to 10 times thicker than traditional spray paint resulting in greater scratch and chip resistance
- Environmentally friendly; produces virtually no volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
We understand the importance of being able to service your lift truck easily and efficiently. Whether it’s routine maintenance or on-site service call, the ECH Series is designed to allow easy access to all integral components to minimize downtime.
Reach the entire drivetrain, hydraulics and filters via hinged panels and hoods supported by gas shocks. The popular hydraulic diagnostic multi-gauge provides operators and technicians various hydraulic pressure readings with just a twist of the dial, eliminating the need to tap into individual hydraulic lines.
Every component on the ECH Series is sourced from a reputable vendor or manufactured by Hoist Material Handling. Utilizing the same domestic components throughout our product lines provides you with not only cost savings, but also a large inventory of parts available for immediate shipment.
The ECH Series comes with a standard 12-month/2,000-hour warranty (parts and labor) with optional extended warranties up to 12,000 hours.
Utilizing CANbus technology, RemoteTech is a vehicle management system incorporated into the ECH Series that provides onboard diagnostics and vehicle functions through a master digital display unit. RemoteTech’s master digital display unit replaces gauges, such as speedometer, fuel and engine temperature, allowing comprehensive vehicle monitoring from a central hub.
Vehicle functions, such as lifting and vehicle speeds, can be quickly adjusted remotely in just a few minutes. Service technicians can also quickly detect issues through RemoteTech’s master digital display unit and view or download the vehicle’s fault code history.
- Unlike similar systems that rely on third-party companies to program and troubleshoot the system, RemoteTech is programmed and operated by Hoist Material Handling.
- Automatically detects issues such as clogged filters, overheated engine, vehicle overload and more
- Decreases downtime and repair costs by detecting and resolving issues early
- Parameters such as lifting speeds and fingertip control functions can be quickly and easily customized to fit operator preference
- Ideal for fleet management; record and monitor engine hours, service intervals and operator usage