In order for ports and terminals to operate smoothly, containers need to be transported quickly and safely. The LCH Series of loaded container handlers is engineered for fast lifting cycles, reliable operation and efficient serviceability.
The LCH Series is designed to quickly and safely stack/unstack loaded ISO containers with models that can handle up to 6-high stacking of 9’6” loaded containers with single-stacking attachment.
The modular design allows for reduced freight cost, easy assembly, and efficient parts replacement, ideal for transportation between terminals. The elevated cab position and angled glass roof provide the operator with superior visibility at all load elevations.
While focusing on robustness and comfort, we also understand that time is money. That’s why each LCH Series is engineered to provide optimal operating and fuel efficiency. The high-performance Cummins diesel engine are powerful, yet offer reduced fuel consumption and emissions. Features such as variable pumps adjust oil flow accordingly to provide quicker lifting cycles while also reducing fuel consumption.
As with all Hoist Liftruck equipment, the LCH Series is 100% made in the USA. More than 75% of each truck is manufactured at our Midwest factory with the remaining components sourced from reputable companies, such as Dana, Cummins and Parker.
- Stacking height up to 6 containers
- 20-, 40- or 53-foot containers
- 8’6 and 9’6 containers
- Up to 90,000 lbs. (41 tonne) capacity
For maximum performance an operator must have all the essential tools around them. The LCH Series is designed with advanced ergonomics and safety features for maximum comfort and protection.
- Meets ANSI B56.1 FOPS operator protection
- Low, non-skid steps & handrails provide 3-point contact
- Elevated cab position provides superior all-around visibility
- Angled overhead window provides excellent upward visibility
- Tinted glass to protect against glare; sliding side windows; front/rear/overhead wipers.
- Dashless cab design for additional leg room and improved visibility
- Intuitive multi-function single joystick control for ease of use
- Master digital display unit provides onboard diagnostics, vehicle functions and more
- Tilt-steering column with directional/gear-shift lever
- Emergency stop button
- Adjustable air-ride seat and retractable seat belts
- Isolated rubber mounts between cab and chassis
- Insulated floor, cab walls and doors
- Lockable doors and greaseable hinges
- Cab heater and operator fan
- Interlock safety system ensures proper locking sequence and overload warning system
- Hydraulically tilted cab for stacking in high positions
- Air conditioner
- Cold-weather packages
- Battery-disconnect switch
- External cab air filtration system
- Fire suppression systems; fire extinguishers
- Forward or mid-mount cab position*
- Hydraulic weight scale
- Impact sensor
- Overload protection indicator with lift interrupt
- Pedestrian detection system
- Pre-cleaner intake filter
- Removable counterweight
- Lighting: step lights; additional work lights
- Tires: air-filled, foam-filled or solid
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Whole-truck camera/monitoring packages
The LCH Series has a unique mast design that provides excellent visibility and durability, allowing quick and safe empty container handling, as well as decreased maintenance costs.
- Rigid inner mast and telescoping outer for reduced torsional stresses, and increased durability and visibility
- Wide-view mast with nested cylinders and chains for increased visibility
- Main mast rollers utilize Timken tapered roller bearings
- High-load, high wear-resistant composite plastic side thrust bearings for improved performance and life
- NitroSteel© cylinder rods have superior corrosion resistance, improved lubrication retention and wear resistance compared to chrome rods
- Hydraulic slope piler ( /-3° from horizontal) provides safe and control handling of containers on trailers and uneven surfaces.
The ECH Series comes standard with a side-post attachment that extends/retracts to handle 20- and 40-foot empty containers. The attachment can also be quickly adjusted to handle 53-foot containers. Double stacking of containers with the optional hook attachment is an important step in the evolution of increasing productivity in the empty container handler industry.
- 4-point top pick loaded ISO container attachment
- Chain-suspended attachment designed for easier maintenance; allows for soft landing reducing container damage and increase component longevity
- Quickly extends/retracts to handle 20-, 40- and 53-foot containers
- Carriage-mounted slider beam, designed to reduce stress to attachment
- Common greaseable shielded main rollers; dual tapered bearings; adjustable common side thrust wear pads
- Plastic composite slides designed to improve reliability and reduce maintenance requirements
- Exposed spreader cylinders provide excellent serviceability, while remote hydraulic valve eliminates additional hoses and wiring to mast
- Halogen lights; forward and rear work lights; lights on spreader to illuminate engagement heads
- WTP/Pin container attachment
- Piggyback slave attachment for handling trailers and similar loads
A BIG TRUCK needs robust and reliable power in order to operate effectively and safely. The LCH Series is powered by a high-performance Cummins diesel engine, three-speed powershift Dana transmission and load sensing hydraulic system, which offer not only power, but also increased productivity and fuel efficiency.
- Cummins QSM-11, 335 HP turbocharged diesel; Tier-compliant
- Charge air cooler with side-by-side integral radiator and transmission oil cooler for maximum heat dissipation, air flow and serviceability.
- Two-stage heavy duty air cleaner with electronic filter restriction indicator and high air intake providing maximum efficiency
- 12-volt electrical system with 12-volt starter motor and alternator for dependable starting and operation
- Two (2) 12-volt industrial batteries in parallel rated for 925CCA each for reliable starting in all conditions
- 160-amp alternator with built-in regulator.
- Bolt-on high capacity fuel tank for increased run times and ease of maintenance: 155 gallons (587 liters)
- High-performance, 9-blade fan designed to draw air through coils more effectively, ensuring cooler operation with less debris
- Dana 36,000 powershift transmission with three forward/reverse speeds
- Electronic Declutch system for precise movement at higher RPMs
- 12-plate modulation for smooth shifting and protection against directional change shock loads; gears are constant mesh during shifting
- Dedicated transmission oil cooler
- Electronic joystick control allows smooth, comfortable, controlled operation of all functions
- Load-sense “on demand” steer pump increases vehicle efficiency; 27% more fuel efficient than individual gear pumps
- High capacity return filter with electronic restriction indicator for maximum efficiency
- Dedicated External hydraulic oil cooler for reliable performance
- Bolt-on high capacity hydraulic tank provides additional cooling capabilities and ease of maintenance: 160 gallons (606 liters)
- CANBus control simplifies wiring; provides diagnostic capabilities
- Accumulator in lift circuit protects against shock loads
Hoist Liftruck’s line of BIG TRUCKS starts with a strong foundation. The modular design of the LCH Series provides excellent serviceability without sacrificing strength or durability. The LCH Series has been designed and tested to meet or exceed current, worldwide regulations for stability, sound levels and safety.
Anchoring the LCH Series is the 100%-welded steel chassis, which boasts heavy steel cross supports to distributing weight evenly throughout the truck. Bolt-on components, such as fuel and hydraulic tanks, provide additional durability and optimal heat dissipation, as well as easy removal and attachment for repairs or shipping. Integrated lifting points also allow for safe handling and transport.
AxleTech Drive Axle
- Planetary drive axle rated for durability in high-capacity, off-road applications
- Force-cooled outboard wet disc actuated brakes reduces premature wear, extending life of brakes
- Brakes can be serviced through the wheel ends without removing entire drive axle
- Drive axle is bolted and dowel-pinned in the chassis
Industrial Steer Axle
- Lockable steer axle for increased stability at elevated load heights
- Thick top plate on welded beam steer axle provides added strength and durability
- Dual-action bolt on cylinder is protected by heavy steel support beams and provides effortless power steering
- Lower maintenance costs due to minimal amount of moving parts
- Easy-access lubrication points
- Sealed tapered roller bearings
- High-impact greaseable composite trunnions
- Two-part rust-inhibiting polyurethane base coat and two-part polyurethane top coat for corrosion protection
- Majority of components are powder-coated, which is up to 10 times thicker than traditional spray paint resulting in greater scratch and chip resistance
- Environmentally friendly; produces virtually no volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
We understand the importance of being able to service your lift truck easily and efficiently. Whether it’s routine maintenance or on-site service call, the LCH Series is designed to allow easy access to all integral components to minimize downtime.
Reach the entire drivetrain, hydraulics and filters via hinged panels and hoods supported by gas shocks. The popular hydraulic diagnostic multi-gauge provides operators and technicians various hydraulic pressure readings with just a twist of the dial, eliminating the need to tap into individual hydraulic lines.
Every component on the LCH Series is sourced from a reputable vendor or manufactured by Hoist Liftruck. Utilizing the same domestic components throughout our product lines provides you with not only cost savings, but also a large inventory of parts available for immediate shipment.
The LCH Series comes with a standard 12-month/2,000-hour warranty (parts and labor) with optional extended warranties up to 12,000 hours.
Utilizing CANbus technology, RemoteTech is a vehicle management system incorporated into the LCH Series that provides onboard diagnostics and vehicle functions through a master digital display unit. RemoteTech’s master digital display unit replaces gauges, such as speedometer, fuel and engine temperature, allowing comprehensive vehicle monitoring from a central hub.
Vehicle functions, such as lifting and vehicle speeds, can be quickly adjusted remotely in just a few minutes. Service technicians can also quickly detect issues through RemoteTech’s master digital display unit and view or download the vehicle’s fault code history.
- Unlike similar systems that rely on third-party companies to program and troubleshoot the system, RemoteTech is programmed and operated by Hoist Liftruck.
- Automatically detects issues such as clogged filters, overheated engine, vehicle overload and more
- Decreases downtime and repair costs by detecting and resolving issues early
- Parameters such as lifting speeds and fingertip control functions can be quickly and easily customized to fit operator preference
- Ideal for fleet management; record and monitor engine hours, service intervals and operator usage