Whether you need to handle 16 tons of lumber or 50 tons of pipe, our P-Series line of heavy-duty pneumatic liftrucks are your BIG TRUCK material handling solution.
The P-Series strikes a unique balance of durability and ergonomics. These liftrucks are engineered to withstand the rugged nature of outdoor applications while providing the operator with maximum comfort and control.
While focusing on robustness and comfort, we also understand that time is money. That’s why each P-Series is engineered to provide optimal operating and fuel efficiency. The high-performance Cummins diesel engine is powerful, yet offers reduced fuel consumption and emissions. Features such as variable pumps adjust oil flow accordingly to provide quicker lifting cycles while also reducing fuel consumption.
Serviceability is another staple of the P-Series. Routine maintenance and service calls are made easier with the P-Series’ modular design and easy-access service points. Reach the entire drivetrain, hydraulics and filters by simply lifting the top hood and side panels. The popular hydraulic multi-gauge provides operators and technicians various hydraulic pressure readings with just a twist of the dial.
As with all Hoist Liftruck equipment, the P-Series is 100% made in the USA. More than 75% of each truck is manufactured in-house at our East Chicago, Indiana factory with the remaining components sourced from reputable U.S. companies, such as Cummins, Dana and Parker.
22,000 – 125,000 lbs. (10 – 57 tonnes)
115 – 225 in. (3,000 – 6,000 mm)
24 – 48 in. (600 – 1,200 mm)
**Be sure to ask about our new 10-100 Package, available from 22,000 to 33,000 lbs. capacity range.**
The P-Series is designed with a wide-open mast and unique low-profile counterweight to provide the operator with unobstructed views in all directions. The P-Series features overhead tilt cylinders, a two-stage wide-view mast and low-profile carriage.
For ultimate versatility and efficiency, equip your P-Series with our new Quick-Change System. This optional feature allows crews to switch from forks to a coil ram in minutes without removing the pin.
- Pin-mount, machine-contoured forks (high or low position)
- Welded-nested channels with lift cylinders secured directly behind mast rails
- Lift chain and optional attachment hosing located inside inner mast rail
- Main and side thrust rollers are impact-resistant and designed to reduce friction; rollers are properly lubricated and sealed
- Greaseable mast pivots constructed with wear-resistant bronze bushings and hardened steel pins
- Safety valves built into base of lift cylinders for controlled lowering in the event of a hose failure
- Chrome-plated rods on cylinders for easy seal replacement
- Quick-Change System
- Two-stage Hi-Vis or Free-Lift mast
- Three-stage or mono mast
- Side-shifting or independent fork positioner
- Lift/tilt accumulator
- Extended height and width carriages
- Quick-disconnect hydraulic connections
- Additional work lights
- Slope piler
- Coil grab hooks
- Coil ram with side-shift
- Integral coil ram
- Fork-mounted container handler
- Forging/foundry billet grab
- Kissing coil radiused forks
- Lumber forks
- Pallet forks or multi-pallet handler
- Oil line reel lifting
- Pipe hold-down clamp
- Tire handler
A BIG TRUCK needs robust and reliable power in order to operate effectively and safely. The P-Series is powered by a high-performance Cummins diesel engine, three-speed automatic powershift Dana transmission and load sensing hydraulic system, which offer not only power, but also increased productivity and fuel efficiency.
- 160 HP to 380 HP Cummins diesel engine (depending on capacity)
- Tier 3 and Tier 4 available
- Electronic engine diagnostics with fault code history
- Built-in engine protection system
- Two-stage heavy-duty air cleaner with electronic restriction indicator
- Heavy-duty isolated anti-vibration bolt-in drive line mounts
- Outboard muffler with optional purifier
- Bolted open-core radiator with high-capacity cooling system
- 100-amp alternator with built-in regulator (amps vary with capacity)
- Optional GM 5.7 or 8.1 LP gas engine (certain models only)
- Dana 32,000 or 36,000 transmission (depending on capacity)
- Transmission cooling through dedicated heat exchanger
- Easy-access remote-mounted oil filter
- 12-plate modulation for smooth shifting and added durability
- Load-sensing hydraulic system with variable pumps adjust oil flow accordingly to provide quicker lifting cycles while also reducing fuel consumption
- Integral safety function prevents engine stalling when hydraulic system is dead-heading
- O-ring face seal fittings on entire system prevent oil leaks
- Tilt-lock valve with counterbalance to prevent mast drift
- Bolt-on hydraulic tank with suction strainers and high-capacity return line filters; large clean-out covers on top for easy access and convenient drain plug on bottom
- Filters are easily accessible for quick replacement
- External sump tank provides additional system cooling
- Hydraulic multi-gauge provides quick and easy pressure readings with a twist of the dial; eliminates the need to tap into hydraulic lines
- Standard 12-volt electrical system
- Color-coded electrical wires enclosed with split-tubing wire loom wrap using sealed weather pack connectors
- Two 12-volt, industrial batteries mounted in easy-access compartment
- Electrical system controls LED headlights, tail lights, turn signals, backup lights, marker lights, brake lights and LED amber strobe light; lights are completely sealed and last approximately 10,000 hours
Hoist Liftruck’s line of BIG TRUCKS starts with a strong foundation. The modular design of the P-Series provides excellent serviceability without sacrificing strength or durability. The P-Series has been designed and tested to meet or exceed current, worldwide regulations for stability, sound levels and safety.
Anchoring the P-Series is the 100%-welded steel chassis, which boasts heavy steel cross supports to distributing weight evenly throughout the truck. Bolt-on components, such as hydraulic tanks, provide additional durability and optimal heat dissipation, as well as easy removal and attachment for repairs or shipping. Integrated lifting points also allow for safe handling and transport.
Did you know that many other liftruck manufacturers lose as much as 2,500 lbs. (1 ton) on the rated capacity when adding a feature such as a side-shifting fork positioner? Not on a P-Series. You receive the full rated capacity even if you add a feature such as a side-shifting fork positioner.
AxleTech Drive Axle
- Planetary drive axle rated for durability in high-capacity, off-road applications
- Force-cooled outboard wet disc actuated brakes reduces premature wear, extending life of brakes
- Brakes can be serviced through the wheel ends without removing entire drive axle
- Drive axle is bolted and dowel-pinned in the chassis
Industrial Steer Axle
- Thick top plate on welded beam steer axle provides added strength and durability
- Highly maneuverable in tight areas
- Dual-action bolt on cylinder is protected by heavy steel support beams and provides effortless power steering
- Lower maintenance costs due to minimal amount of moving parts
- Easy-access lubrication points
- Sealed tapered roller bearings
- High-impact greaseable composite trunnions
- Two-part rust-inhibiting polyurethane base coat and two-part polyurethane top coat for corrosion protection
- Majority of components are powder-coated, which is up to 10 times thicker than traditional spray paint resulting in greater scratch and chip resistance
- Environmentally friendly; produces virtually no volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
We understand the importance of being able to service your liftruck easily and efficiently. Whether it’s routine maintenance or on-site service call, the P-Series is designed to allow easy access to all integral components to minimize downtime. Easy-lift hoods, panels and doors give technicians immediate access to vital service points. The innovative hydraulic multi-gauge provides quick and easy pressure readings with a simple twist of the dial, eliminating the need to tap into individual hydraulic lines.
Every component on the P-Series is sourced from a reputable U.S. vendor or manufactured by Hoist Liftruck. Utilizing the same domestic components throughout our product lines provides you with not only cost savings, but also rapid parts availability.
The P-Series comes with a standard 12-month/2,000-hour warranty (parts and labor) with optional extended warranties up to 12,000 hours.
Utilizing CANbus technology, RemoteTech is a vehicle management system incorporated into the P-Series that provides onboard diagnostics and vehicle functions through a master digital display unit. RemoteTech’s master digital display unit replaces gauges, such as speedometer, fuel and engine temperature, allowing comprehensive vehicle monitoring from a central hub.
Vehicle functions, such as lifting and vehicle speeds, can be quickly adjusted remotely in just a few minutes. Service technicians can also quickly detect issues through RemoteTech’s master digital display unit and view or download the vehicle’s fault code history.
- Unlike similar systems that rely on third-party companies to program and troubleshoot the system, RemoteTech is programmed and operated by Hoist Liftruck.
- Automatically detects issues such as clogged filters, overheated engine, vehicle overload and more
- Decreases downtime and repair costs by detecting and resolving issues early
- Parameters such as lifting speeds and fingertip control functions can be quickly and easily customized to fit operator preference
- Ideal for fleet management; record and monitor engine hours, service intervals and operator usage
Hoist Liftruck Manufacturing Facility Tour
P-Series with Tilting Cab & Swing Shift Carriage
Manufacturing of a P-Series
P-Series P330 in a Lumber Application
Quick Change Attachments
Governor Mike Pence Speaks on Behalf of Hoist Liftruck's Move to Indiana